I wish all the girls at my high school switched families every day for the next seven days, and that I would have a new sister and girlfriend for each of those seven days.
At 3:47PM, the wish affected people involved in activities on school grounds, using the interpretation of at that indicated an event. So, Principal Morse had been engaged in some activity, if unofficial, with her student. And Kyla Robinson, for example, working alone in her classroom grading papers, was not engaged in an event or group activity.
So, what was going on at school at 3:47?
- The local Youth Soccer League used the high school field for some of its games on Thursdays. Unfortunately, it was two girls teams playing that night, and many had their families in attendance. Some of their older siblings attended the high school, and were around for the game.
- A PTA committee was meeting to discuss plans for an upcoming fundraiser.
- Several students were stuck in detention, along with their teacher.
- There were tryouts for the spring musical in the auditorium
- JV cheerleading was practicing in the gym with Coach Barry. Varsity cheerleading was not practicing, so Linda, the head cheerleader, was at the mall and nowhere near the school.